I realize it is probably easier/better to make everything from scratch. But as a busy Mama trying to build a business my days of homemade sauces have slowed down. So being the sauce girl that I am, and the ingredient police at the same time, I make it my mission to find the better choice options. I am not always on point, but again, just doing my best.
So for my Buffalo Chicken Salad, I used all packaged, ready to eat, clean-sh ingredients and kept it on my nutrition plan.
Here is what I used for the dressings. The Bolthouse Ranch Dressing and my favorite Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce.
And my FAVORITE Chicken Tenders EVER! The Caulipower Brand is amazing, with better ingredients than others I’ve found, and not to mention the crunch factor you get out of the air-fryer just can’t be beat.
Also, I like the Spicy(ISH) flavored, but the original is great too.
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Air Fryer
- 2 Cups Romaine Lettuce Washed and chopped
- 1/2 Cup Carrots Shredded (I get this bagged)
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion Diced
- 1/4 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 2 Tbsp Ranch Dressing I used Bolthouse
- 3 Oz Chicken Tenders I used Caulipower Brand
- 2 Tbsp Buffalo Sauce I used Primal Kitchen Brand
- Micro Greens Garnish
- First, place your chicken tenders in the air fryer. I set mine to 400 degrees. After 8 minuets or so, I flip them in the basket and continue cooking about 5 more minuets.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl add your romaine lettuce.
- Top the lettuce with shredded carrots, tomatoes, and red onion.
- You can pour the 2 Tbsp (or more) of dressing over your greens and toss together. ORIf you want your 2 Tbsp of dressing to go a longer way, I suggest diluting it with a little bit of water. Then add to your salad and toss to combine.
- When your Chicken is finished cooking in the air fryer, remove carefully and dice in to bite sized pieces.
- Add to the top of your salad, and drizzle your Buffalo Sauce over the top.
- Optional, add a little bit of micro greens to the top as a garnish.