There is just something about a huge breakfast burrito that makes me so excited. Knowing that eating one every day wouldn’t leave me feeling nourished, I new I needed to make a bowl of all the burrito insides I love and share it with you. Burrito insides, that made me laugh.
Anyway, here you go! Enjoy it, and please share it with me if you make it.
Now, go to Trader Joes and get the ingredients.
Soyrizo Burrito Bowl
- 2 Russet Potatoes Cubed
- 2-4 Tbsp Avocado Oil or Oil Spray Divided
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/2 Sweet Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 Lb Soyrizo I used the 16 oz packet from Trader Joes
- 12 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 4 Green Onions Diced
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Washed and diced
- 1/2 Cup Tomatillo Salsa Verde
This sauce is to top your bowl with. Use as much or as little as you'd like. I got mine from Trader Joes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, add your cubed potatoes and drizzle with Avocado Oil and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Toss to combine and then spread back evenly over the pan.
- Put in the oven for about 30 minuets checking it half way and tossing the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan add 2 tbsp of avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Add your bell peppers and onion cooking for about 5 minuets. Once tender, add your soyrizo and break it up using the back of a wood spoon.
- Once this has warmed through remove from the pan and set aside. Turn the heat down on the burner to low/medium.
- In a large bowl, crack all 12 eggs, add your almond milk, sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Add another drizzle of oil to the pan and pour in your egg mixture.
- Scramble your eggs then add back in your soyrizo/veggie mix, plus the diced green onion. Mix well and set aside.
- Once your potatoes have finished cooking remove from the oven and lets assemble your bowl.
- Take a scoop of potatoes plus a heaping scoop of your egg scramble. Top it with cilantro and a drizzle of the verde tomatillo salsa, or whatever salsa you wish to use.