I love a good easy recipe! Especially one that requires pretty minimal effort and steps. I often use a rotisserie chicken when I am cooking. Most often it is for my lunches so that I can have some to grab quickly and whip up a quick meal. Whether it be soups, salads, sandwiches, or these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. The options are endless. One thing I always suggest when it comes to shredding your rotisserie is to do so right when you get home from the store while it is warm. This makes the meat fall right off the bone and you will be sure to get a lot more of it.
Now, when it comes to food, I am a sauce girl through and through. While you can make a buffalo sauce, I love when I can find a store bought option with clean ingredients, I am all about it. It really is all about convenience for me at this stage of life. So for this recipe I used Franks Red Hot brand in the buffalo flavor and it made these SO good. I also did a little ranch drizzle over the top and ooooooooooh baby it is delish.
When I prep these, I like to make the shredded chicken and buffalo sauce mixture then store it in the fridge until I am ready to make it. Then all that is needed is potato roasting and warming up the chicken. You may want to make a little extra sauce and store that in the fridge when prepping so that when you warm the chicken up it isn’t too dry.
That is enough about that! If you make these, please be sure to share with me. I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to see you cooking up some of my recipes in your kitchen.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes I look for thicker, rounded ones.
- 12 oz Shredded Rotissere Chicken Divided
- 1/4 Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Chopped and divided
- Ranch Dressing I used Bolthouse brand
- Set your oven to 400 degrees
- Scrub and wash your sweet potatoes. Poke holes with a fork a few times.
- Place in oven and cook for about 45 minuets or until potatoes are tender throughout.
- While potaotes are cooking, place your yogurt and hot sauce in a sauce pan over medium high heat and mix well for about 5-10 min on a simmer.
- Add your shredded chicken to the buffalo sauce and mix well. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once your sweet potatoes are finished, slice down the middle. With a fork, mash the inside carefully and make space for the buffalo chicken mixture.
- Divide your shredded chicken amongst your sweet potatoes. Drizzle with Ranch, and top with cilantro.
- Most importantly, ENJOY!