Meal prepping my breakfasts is the one way I am able to get a nutrient packed breakfast in daily with ease. This is a great bake you can make a head for the week. I love adding sweet potato to my breakfasts because it gives me energy and keeps me fuller longer all while filling me up with good whole food and nutrients.
Top with a little avocado or some of your favorite hot sauce and be ready to take on the day!
Sausage and Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Sweet Potato Diced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb Ground Sausage I used an italian seasoned
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 10 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk or dairy of choice
- 1 Avocado for serving
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- Heat a large saute pan on med-high heat with avocado oil
- Add your sweet potato and saute for 8 minuets or so until slightly tender
- Add your ground sausage to the sweet potato, breaking the sausage up with a wooden spoon
- Once your sausage is cooked through, add your spinach and cook for about 2 minuets until spinach is wilted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add your eggs, almond milk, salt, and pepper whisking until eggs are mixed well
- In a 9×13 casserole dish, line with parchment paper.
- Add your sweet potato and sausage mixture to the dish. Pour your eggs over the top. Using a spoon, mix well so that everything is combined evenly in the casserole dish
- Place in oven and cook for approxametly 20 minuets, or until center of egg bake is cooked through and is firm in the center.
- Allow the bake to cool. Divide bake in to 6-8 pieces and serve topped with avocado and hot sauce of your choosing.