This salad was inspired by a salad we used to have on one of our family restaurant menus. Since this pandemic and restaurant closures I am missing a lot of my favorite go to meals from that restaurant, a rendition of this salad being one of them. At our restaurant, they would make it with Ahi, white potatoes, and a sugary dressing that while delicious didn’t always align with my nutrition goals. So I new I needed to make my own and not feel guilty about it.
These flavors combine so well, and the capers are a must for a little extra salty flavor, my favorite!
Salmon Nicoise Salad
- 1 Lb Wild Scockey Salmon Cut into 4, 4 ounce pieces, Skin off
- 4 Tbsp Blackened Seasoning Divided; 1 Tbsp per piece of Salmon
- 1 Lb. Sweet Potatoes Peeled and sliced into wedges
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 12 Ounces Heiricot Verts
- 8 Cups Mixed Greens
- 12 Oz Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts Chopped
- 4 Tsp Capers
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Dried Parsley You can use fresh too if you have it on hand.
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 Tsp. Mustard
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F
- Cut skin off of your salmon, and divide your piece in to 4, 4 ounce pieces. Pat dry. Season salmon with blackened seasoning.
- Peel and cut your sweet potato into 2-3 inch wedges.
- Line a Large baking sheet with foil, and spray with cooking spray. I like to use avocado oil.
- Place all of your sweet potato on one side of so that sweet potato slices aren't touching. Spread heircot verts next to the sweet potato. Spray vegetables with avocado oil cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In cast iron skillet heat Olive Oil, flash fry your salmon pieces for 1 minuete, skin side down. Once finished, place salmon on the baking sheet.
- Put tray bake in the oven, after 12 minuets, remove the salmon and place on a foiled lined plate and cover with foil until everything else is ready to bring it to gether. Put vegetables back in the oven and continue roasting for about 10 more minuets.
- Halve your tomatoes, set aside.
- Meanwhile, while vegetables continiue cooking, In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, set aside.
- Take your roasted veggies out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Divide your greens amongst four plates or large bowls.
- Divide sweet potato and heircot verts on top of greens. Followed by your Salmon.
- Top with capers, tomatoes, walnuts, and drizzle with dressing.
Meal Prep Tips
- Roast your veggies and Salmon and store in an air tight container.
- Make your dressing and store in an air tight container.
- When you are ready to enjoy, combine all ingredietns in a large bowl on top of mixed greens.