Alright people, first thing is first. Do not judge this soup by my photography skills. I realize I need to work on my soup presentation for photos, but I am no artist. I hope that in-spite of the photo, you will give it a try because it is truly one of my favorites from the fall. It is so creamy, comforting, and healthy to boot! Best part, it is quick and easy to whip up. All you need to do is chop up all of your vegetables, and toss in the Insta-Pot with your liquids. It makes meal prepping or dinner making so easy!
Trust me with this one.
Insta- Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Cup White Onion Diced
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Carrots Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Green Apple Cored and Chopped
- 1 Butternut Squash Peeled and Chopped (you can also get one package of already cubed squash to make it easier)
- 1/4 Cup Parsley Fresh and Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt + More to taste
- 3/4 Cup Canned Coconut Milk Full Fat. Plus more for garnish
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts Chopped for garnish
- Press Saute button on your insta-pot and heat for 2 minuets.
- Add a splash of water and then add onions and saute for five minuets.
- Add all the rest of your ingredients except coconut milk and walnuts.
- Lock the insta pot. Use the manual setting and set the timer for ten minuets.
- Once the timer goes off, use the natural release method. Once the pressure is released, remove the lid and allow soup to cool for 15 minuets.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup while in the insta pot, or pour soup in batches into a regular belnder and blend until soup is creamy.
- Add the coconut milk to soup and blend.
- Divide soup amongst 4 bowls and garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk, parsley, and walnuts.