The weather here in Southern California has turned a bit colder (for us), and with that all I want is a big bowl of warmth. Soup has been a go to in our house for a couple of weeks now and finally I feel like I got this one down. It is packed with veggies, flavor, and protein! I hope you love it!
Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 1.5 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.25 Cups Yellow Onion Diced
- 3/4 Cups Carrots Peeled and Diced
- 3/4 Cups Celery Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 7.5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tsp Dried Sage
- 3 Cups Shredded Rotissere Chicken Or you can prepare 2 chicken breasts to shred.
- 2 Cups Zucchini Noodles You can buy a 16 ounce package of zoodled Zucchini.
- 4 Tsp Sriracha Divided (about 1 Tsp per serving if desired)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley Chopped and divided for garnish (about 1 Tbsp per serving)
- Chope your onion, carrots, celery, and garlic.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat
- When hot, add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, salt, and pepper stirring until veggies are just tender, about 5-7 minuets depending on the the size of your cut vegetables.
- Pour in the broth, thyme, sage, and the shredded chicken. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minuets.
- Add Zoodles and allow it to cook in soup for about 4 minuets.
- Divide soup amongst 6 large bowls
- Top with a drizzle of Sriracha.
Meal Prep Tips
- For meal prep, don't add the zucchini noodles to the soup just yet. Store your soup in 4 seperate containers. Once you are ready to eat your serving, warm it up stove top, and once it is heated, add your zucchini noodles.